SCUBAPRO leaps light years ahead in underwater illumination with the introduction of the Scubapro NOVA 700R rechargeable dive light. Technical to its core, it is machined from heavy-duty aluminum so it is lightweight and built to last. Its light head is equipped with the newest CREE XML2 LED, capable of pumping out between 700 and 800 lumens of brilliant illumination. It uses simple twist-on/twist off activation backed by double-O-ring seals. Strategically placed knurling (raised-up diamond-shaped indentations in the metal) improves grip and makes the twist activation that much easier. Shock-proof rubber protection on the end of the light head safeguards the electronics and provides an additional no-slip surface.
The NOVA 700R measures only 5.5 inches (14cm) in length and is powered by a single 18650 Lithium-ion or Lithium-ion polymer (LiPo) battery that provides 2.5 hours of burn time. Rated to a maximum depth of 1000 feet (300m), the NOVA 700R is equipped with an overpressure valve on the end cap, an important safety feature not normally found on torches in the NOVA 700R‘s price range.
For divers who like a durable, compact light that they can stow in a BC pocket, that offers maximum light intensity throughout an entire day or night of diving, and recharges quickly and easily, the NOVA 700R is the ideal choice.
- Rugged black aluminum body offers a stealthy “tech” look while providing lightweight long-term durability.
- Interchangeable light head is equipped with the newest CREE XML2 LED.
- 700 lumen illumination ranks among the best in its class.
- Double O-ring seals ensure watertight integrity.
- Diamond-shaped knurling (metal indentations) on both handle and light head guarantees a firm grip, with or without gloves.
- Easy twist on/twist off activation allows for trouble-free operation, regardless of depth.
- Shock-proof rubber protection keeps the light head safe from knocks and bumps.
- Over-pressure valve releases any battery off-gassing — the ultimate dive light safety feature not normally found on torches in this price point.
- A depth rating of 1000 feet (300m) ensures worry-free lighting in virtually all diving conditions.
- Powered by a single 18650 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
When it comes to evaluating a dive light’s brightness, measuring lumens is the easiest and most useful comparison method. A lumen is the intensity of light as it is perceived by a human eye. In other words, a lumen indicates brightness, opposed to a watt which measures power output.
When it comes to cranking out brightness, the NOVA 700R runs well ahead of the pack. Producing higher lumens than most primary dive lights — including many large pistol-grip styles — and out-pacing virtually all secondary dive lights, the NOVA 700R leads the market in sheer light intensity.
On a fully charged lithium-ion battery, the NOVA 700R maintains its maximum light intensity well through its charge, delivering a maximum burn time of approximately 2.5 hours.
BATTERY AND CHARGER ARE NOT INCLUDED with the Scubapro NOVA 700R Torch