TecRec Tec40 Course
The Tec40 course is the entry point into the PADI TecRec technical range of diver certifications.
Tec 40 provides a transition from recreational to technical diving. Although the use of full tech gear (doubles and wings) is preferred, it does allow modified use of recreational gear in some situations, provided the diver has two separate regulators, with one of the first stages fitted with a long hose. (For example, a main cylinder and pony cylinder combination).
The intended working limit for a diver at this level is 40 metres/130 feet with up to 10 minutes of non-accelerated decompression.
Qualified Tec 40 divers may use any EANx mix with up to 50% oxygen content or air.
You will be able to carry out Decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of decompression time.
• A mature, responsible person who will follow the required procedures and requirements strictly and faithfully.
• Medically fit for Tec diving (physician’s signature required)
• Willing to accept the added risks that Tec diving presents
• Be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training in enriched air nitrox diving with training that includes gas analysis, cylinder labelling, oxygen toxicity, oxygen exposure, determining maximum depth limits, and planning enriched air dives with different enriched air blends (not just EANx32 and EANx36).
• Be certified as a PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet.
• Minimum age: 18 years.
• Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet.
What’s Involved in the course?
• Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
• Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
•A minimum of 4 dives will be required during the Tec40 course.
Dive one will be in confined water or limited open water depth’s 2.5 metres – 10 metres
Dive two in open water, depths: 10 metres – 18 metres
Dive three in open water, depths: 15 metres – 27 metres
Dive four in open water, depths: 26 metres – 40 metres
The equipment checklist for your Tec 40 course can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD CHECKLIST
Please check you have all the required equipment in readiness for your course.
Course fee’s are £475 and include the student training manual’s/dvd and certification card on completion of the course.
If you are booking Tec 40/45/50 together you only pay £1100 and save £325.
I have the Tec-40 qualification, what’s next? TEC – 45
TecRec TECHNICAL DIVING COURSE DATES